How it works?
- In the beginning you are in crisis. Crisis does not just mean suicidal thoughts. A crisis is any painful emotional condition and anytime you need support. So, you text us at here.
- The first message will be sent to you automatically. The first message tells you that you will contact a crisis counselor and asks you to explain a little more about your crisis.
- You will usually be connected to a crisis counselor within few minutes. (It may take a little longer during high-traffic times.)
- You’ll then text back and forth with the Crisis Counselor. You never have to share what you do not want.
- The conversation usually ends when you and the crisis counselor both feel that the situation is calm and that you are in a safe place.
- The purpose of the conversation is to calm you down and get you to a safe place.